Monday 31 December 2012

Review of 2012

So here we are 31st December 2012 - where has the time gone?!?!?  Rather than have a shot for each month I've done an overview of the things that have stood out to me the most this year.


1. First off was meeting my Ministry of Dessert girls - I feel like I've known these girls forever but I only met them in March.  I've loved watching them spin into action with an idea and see it come to fruition - they never disappoint.  Can't wait to see what they work their magic on next.


2. Getting the chance to photograph Bethan McGuigan running through Rhostyllen with the Olympic Torch in May is a moment I will never forget.   The atmosphere was amazing - there were kids running down the road next to the torchbearers, old folk cheering "Morning!" as Bethan ran past - Great stuff!

3. Another entry for the Ministry of Dessert girls. But I had to - I couldn't leave out The Alice In Wonderland dessert table  - it was just out of this world.  Every little detail was thought of and the little girls where so overwhelmed by the whole experience - popping candy, Mad Hatter chocolate hats the size of their heads, drink me potions!!!  Minister of Flowers, Maria put together this fab video with the rest of the shots.


4. I've been blessed to shoot so many portraits this year and I've enjoyed each and every single one. I love meeting the people, finding out about their lives and then creating some unique images for them to keep and (I hope) love. I've made some great new friends through shooting portraits this year and can't wait to make some more in 2013.

5. It was so hard to choose 3 image from the weddings I've shot this year - the Brides (and the Grooms - can't leave them out ;-)) have been so breath-taking, the venues so stunning, the details so bewitching.  Thank you to all my Brides and Grooms from 2012 - all the best for 2013 and what your future together brings xxx

That's it for 2012.  There was so much more I could've filled this post with, but it would've been a never ending post ;-)  Thank you to everyone who has made this year so special.  This year has been full of so many highs, I'm so excited to see what 2013 brings.

Happy New Year everyone!!!!!

Hollie
xxx

www.RivingtonPhotography.com

No comments:

Post a Comment